Yorkshire Schools Exploring Society is a reputable, responsible charitable trust, which has been giving young adults the opportunity for personal growth and development through exploration since 1964.
The Yorkshire Schools Exploring Society exists for these reasons:
- To promote the personal development of young people through adventurous activities in wilderness areas.
- To encourage young people to work together by participating in expeditions in the United Kingdom and overseas.
- To increase environmental awareness.
- To improve understanding of different cultures.
- To demonstrate the benefits of physical exercise on mental and physical health.
Applications are invited from young people of either gender, from any racial or cultural background, who are either able-bodied or disabled.
Yorkshire Schools Exploring Society
- Registered Charity Number 1043260
- President, Don Robinson
- Patron, Sir Chris Bonington CVO CBE DL
- Honorary Member, Dr William Turner
- Honorary Member, Ted Grey
- Honorary Member, J O’Brien
The Grants Administrator
68 Ridings Fields